About COEL Centre
Centre of Excellence for leather Skill Bangladesh Ltd (COEL) is the nation’s first institute of its kind. Objective of COEL is to increase and improve the overall skill level of the workforce of the leather sector. The training centre of COEL is situated at Pallibiddut, Chandra, Gazipur which serves as the hub of COEL’s Leather Skill Training Programs. For now, this 12,000 Sqft area has an up to date setup to carry out professional training program for 300 trainees at a time. Other than the main training centre COEL with joint collaboration with the interested factories are in the process of establishing sub centres to increase the productivity of the respective factories. Driven by the needs of enormous skilled labor force and increased growth of the leather industry, a group of key industry stakeholders formed a formal committee as Industry Skill Council (ISC) with the facilitation of EC funded TVET Reform Project of ILO, an initiative of Government.
- Leather industry contributes around 3% to the GDP. 60,000 skilled labor is needed in this sector
- Its goal is poverty reduction through creating Skilled Manpower linked to the industry.
- Not made for earning Profit.
- To operate as one stop solution for industry driven training, research, course curriculum development and other skills development events while building its own capacity through international accreditation, certification and public private partnership (PPP).
- To look after the policy & procedures, advocacy, and monitor industry skill development practices
Our Development Partners
- Ministry of Finance, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh ( LFMEAB-SEIP)
- Swiss Agency for Development & Cooperation SDC
- International Labor Organization
- European Union
Our Skill Development Partner Organizations
- Leather Technologists Small and Medium Enterprises Cooperative Society
- Bangladesh Paduka Prostutkarak Shamity
- Gana Unnonoyon Kendra
- Action on Diasability & Development Bangladesh
- Leathergoods & Footwear Manufacturers & Exporters Association of Bangladesh
- Social Development Foundation
Our International Training Partners
- KAIZEN Institute
- CORE Knowledge
- Footwear Design & Development Institute
- Worldwide Responsibe Accredited Production
I-Train International Training Consultants
- Leather Engineering College & University for Internship.
- Others Skill Development organizations for view our activities and make strong stack holders.
- Leather footwear and Leathergoods factory person for our any service seals.
- Leather related equipment and accessories manufacturers & importers for we are use technically hub this sector.
- Footwear Manufacturers( Shoe, Sandles)
- Bag Manufacturers
- Leather Sector Researchers
- Leather Sector Consultants
- Skill Development
- Job Seekers
- We want to reach people in the age group of 20 to 40 to become new entrepreneurs, small or medium. Especially educated, unemployed young men and women.
Achievements of Skill Development at Different Levels
- 16500+ Machine Operators trained
- 4500+ Mid Level Managers
- 152 trainee Supervisors trained
- 30 Machine Maintenance Technicians trained
- 43 trainees trained Competency Based Training on NTVQF Level 1
- COEL has 14 BTEB certified trainers & assessors